Saturday, August 17, 2013

Oh dear ones!


  Hello! 
 I hope that this week has treated you well and that you are happy, healthy, learning, and enjoying every day in this amazing world.  I hope that you seek and find opportunities to love and be loved.  Love is such a central part of the gospel and for that I am humbled, grateful, and encouraged.  I want to share a few experiences that I had this week that taught me more about God's love for His children.  It is so deep, so pure, so rich, so abundant, so available, so graciously given, and just so beautiful.  Ah!  Being immersed in learning, teaching, sharing, and living the gospel here at the MTC grows my testimony of God's love and mercy for His children everyday.  Some days are more powerful than others and often His teaching comes in the most gentle, simple ways but my testimony of it deepens nonetheless.  It is miraculous. 

OK, first Richard G.Scott came to the Tuesday night devotional this week and gave a beautiful address on the gift of prayer.  Hearing him speak about that topic touches me--he has a really deep testimony and knowledge of it.  From him I learned that God is so patient with us in our prayers and so thoughtful and purposeful in the way that He answers them.  His answers often help us to grow, change, and become the people of character that He knows we can become.  His address was so instructive and I loved watching him leave as well.  Before he exited, he cupped his hands to his mouth and called out "Be good!"  and "We love you".  Such a dear man.  I love and am astonished by how dedicated and devoted he is.  

Also, President Eyring's First Presidency Message from the August Ensign is SO WONDERFUL.  I loved reading it and thinking about how God has taught me through His blessings and then feeling and expressing gratitude for it.  I know that gratitude is really a tue principle that blesses our lives.  Sometimes it blows my mind to think how generous God is to us. 

As you know on Wednesday, the MTC receives new missionaries.  They have an orange sticker on their tag so everyone knows that they are new and can especially welcome them.  In the evening, my companion and I were walking out of our classroom to go study somewhere else.  I noticed a sister sitting on a bench outside our classroom with that bright orange sticker on her tag and decided to say welcome and hello.  We had a brief conversation and then she was called away.  I clasped her hand and touched her shoulder before she left.  As my companion and I walked outside I thought about this sister and was surprised by the love that I felt for her.  It was so real and so tangible that it overwhelmed me a little bit.  I am so grateful that God encourages us to love as He loves and gives us that gift as we seek it--seriously, it is just incredible. 

Last one. I noticed in my study lately how many stories about only children or only brothers there are in Jesus Christ's ministry--Jarius' daughter, the man who is says "Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief", the only son of the woman on the outskirts of a town (I think this story is in Mark), Lazarus, etc.  I think its a really simple but profound way of Heavenly Father reminding the Savior that He loved Him.  So cool. 

The MTC continues to be wonderful.  Oh, I was going to write about our teachers!  Right.  OK--We have 2 teachers, Fowers sensei and Gardener sensei.  I am grateful for and appreciate them and while they are really different, I learn a lot from them both.  Fowers sensei is pretty tall, really energetic, teaches us in the evening when some of our district has the energy and nearly the focus of Sunbeams, and laughs often.  Gardener sensei is pretty short (I think he may be just taller than me), quietly funny, kind of subdued, teaches us in the mornings when some of us are really quite lethargic, and is really chill.  Perhaps I'll get a picture of them sometime, though I think they shy away from pictures until the last week for whatever reason. 

Anyhow, thank you so much for your love, support, and prayers.  I feel so at peace and so grateful for you, my dears!  Keep your chins up and know that I love you! 

Love kokoro kara (sincerely, litereally from the heart),
Williams shimai


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Witness

One of my favorite ideas to discuss with people is how God shows up unexpectedly in their lives. Whether its new thought while being still, ...