Saturday, August 24, 2013

Hello



Thank you so much for the letters and pictures that you sent!  I relished them, as I do each week.  It sounds like you are all getting ready for the change of season that is coming up soon.  Exciting, isn't it?  

Kinben ni means diligently in Japanese and it sounds so much like King Benny that every time I hear it I feel a need to reach for my scriptures and flip to Mosiah to read about King Benjamin.  As missionaries, we get to hear that word a lot, so its pretty great.  

I love being a missionary.  It is this wonderful blend of blessing, opportunity, responsibility, and privilege.  This week I have felt more deeply converted to our Savior Jesus Christ who suffered for my sins, my pride, my weaknesses, my sorrows, my insecurities, and my problems that I may be able to change and become better and truly love this life on earth.  It is so beautiful!  

That being said, missionary work has its ups and downs.  I had a lot of humbling moments this week that eventually brought me to a greater understanding of what the Lord would like me to become and how I can become so, but at the time, I wasn't so sure I appreciated it.  I know that the Lord knows my weaknesses and what will help me learn best and I am so grateful for His generous and perfectly fitted help to cause me to recognize what I need to change.  

As school is starting this week, we loose one of our teachers because of conflicting schedules.  Gardener sensei won't be our teacher soon.  When he told us, me being me, I started to tear up.  My appreciation surprises me with its depth and just comes out of nowhere sometimes.  Change is good though.  It helps us learn.  

All right dear ones, the time for emailing is coming to a close.  Good luck this week; I hope it is enjoyable for each of you!  

Love, 
Williams shimai


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Witness

One of my favorite ideas to discuss with people is how God shows up unexpectedly in their lives. Whether its new thought while being still, ...