Monday, January 13, 2014

Learning, Loving, and Living


First, my apologies!  Every transfer we get to attend a session in the Tokyo temple and so our P-day changes to Tuesday instead of Monday the 6th week of the transfer.  I neglected to let you know that I would be emailing a day later and hope that the change didn`t case you any worry or distress.  :)  If it did, my apologies! 

In light of little time, I wanted to just do a quick catalouge of things that I have learned or relearned so far to give you all a recap of this week. 

1.  So I used to wonder why Ben`s emails seemed a little short and now I totally understand.  And hour and a half goes by so quickly my dear ones!  I just started and have yet to read your emails that I love every week.  Seriously, thank you so much for being such a supportive and kind family!  I know that my mission is a good experience in large part because of the prayers you offer and the love that you have--as expressed through words and actions.  I LOVE YOU!

2.  `Ask and ye shall receive` is a promise that we can count on anytime, all the time.  Anyone can count on it.  If we ask God sincerely and with real intent, He will kindly answer and direct us.  Minson shimai and I have been doing a fair bit of finding lately and we are learning how to improve daily.  We are getting more comfortable and bolder with our invitations to meet again and finding those who are willing to listen and learn.  This week we had a goal to give a copy of the Book of Mormon to someone and receive contact information from people.  When we were nearing the close of our planned streeting time, we still had yet to find someone who wanted to receive a Book of Mormon.  Minson shimai mentioned the fact and then the next person that we talked with listened and received a copy of the Book of Mormon when we offered it to her.  We have yet to set a next appointment with her, but I think that she has potential (as dangerous as that word is, my dear Mexico missionary brother, I think its OK to apply it in this situation.) 

3.  Layers are a blessing in cold weather.  Socks, tights, tights, clothes, scarf, coat, hat, pocket warmer things make one toasty camper. 

4.  Narita ward members are so wonderful.  We often find little bags of food or clothes left at our apartment and they are eager to help us in our missionary work. 

5.  I have such supportive friends and family.  Many thanks to you for your letters, packages, and goodness.  I draw on your examples and strength daily and so appreciate your outreach to me in letters and packages.  Seriously--they surprise me every time! 

6.  The Lord knows each of us personally and is so aware of our efforts to serve Him and become who He wants us to become.  Often times I am surprised when I find an answer to a question in the Book of Mormon or someone says something that I had directly prayed for or things connect in the scriptures that I hadn`t seen before.  It is beautiful.  I feel like I am benefiting from my mission more than any one else which sounds kind of arrogant, but its true.  I hope that I can work so that others can find this joy and strength that is available to all men everywhere.  

OK folks.  Thats all that I can do for now.  I hope you are each doing well, learning, loving, and living this wonderful life that is given to us.  I love you more than all the 7-11s in Japan (they are on almost every corner here its crazy!)

Much, much love,

Williams shimai 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Witness

One of my favorite ideas to discuss with people is how God shows up unexpectedly in their lives. Whether its new thought while being still, ...