Monday, January 20, 2014

I am happy and well and seeing miracles

My dear family,

How are you all doing?  As always, the time is drawing to a close this P-day.  Firs I want to tell you our transfer news--Nagamine shimai is going to Okinawa!  She is finishing her last transfer and thus will be returning home.  Hard to believe.  Nagamine shimai is an incredible missionary and I hope that I can become like her.  I am so grateful for her.  From the bottom of my heart.  Really.

As for the rest of us, Minson shimai and I are staying in Narita!  Jones shimai is too and she will be working with another Japanese companion named Miyama shimai.  Woot!  We will have 9 missionaries in our Narita ward--which consists of about 60 (maybe a little more) members.  Woah, right?

I am happy and well and seeing miracles.  I am trying to learn to not rely on myself or focus on what I know and don' t know, but rather rely on the Lord for strength and direction and help.  I am learning more and more that without Him, we can do nothing.  It is so true!  I am grateful for His graciousness and patience as He works with us.  One thing that I am learning more and more too is that He requires us to be humble and diligent and patient.  It is only when we are humble that we can experience and recognize His abundant help--and eagerness to help us do whatever it is that He asks of us. 

OK, a miracle of this week.  One of our investigators told us that she didn't really have faith in Christ and also didn't really like coming to church.  She was willing to come this last week for Nagamine shimai's last week, but still a little hesitant about it.  So Minson shimai and I determined to fast to ask for the Lord's help in helping her have a good experience at church and in our lesson following.  And she did!  Our Relief Society lesson was on Jesus Christ and she told us afterward that she had thought that Jesus Christ died for everyone for "us" but that Sunday was the first day that she had thought of Jesus Christ dying for her.  It is such a gift to hear that and bear testimony of His love and knowledge of each of us.  She also told us after that she is feeling more comfortable at church.  Gratitude! 

I know that God loves us and is able to help us in all things.  All things.  As we seek Him, He abundantly pours out His direction and love. 

I love you all so much! 
Williams shimai


PS--One more miracle from today.  We were walking back from the grocery store and started a conversation with a lady who happened to live just above us and had some interest in the church because she knew some members when her children were little.  She accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and also an invitation to have us visit her.  SO AWESOME.  Open your mouth and it will be filled.  Really.  Be genuine, bold, and loving in asking people to hear God's plan for His children.  Unite your faith and prayers and experience the wonders that God will work.  I know that you are praying for me and I feel that.  Our stake is also doing a 40 fast for us and I know that it is because we are entreating the Lord that we are seeing miracles.  It is beautiful and astonishing!   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Witness

One of my favorite ideas to discuss with people is how God shows up unexpectedly in their lives. Whether its new thought while being still, ...