Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ask, & Invite.....Then Come the Miracles





These photos don't nearly compare to Ben's outpouring of pictures, but there's a bit of Narita statues (tiger for Sadie!) and also a new year tradition of calligraphy writing.  Its not the best, but its supposed to be the kanji for miracle.  :) 

This week flew by--as does much of our times these days!  I feel like I learned the importance of just opening one's mouth and having it filled.  We talked with people on the train, in their houses, on the street, and at different activities and found people to teach in each of those places.  One girl we met at the train station one evening, found her again the next day and invited her to church.  Then on Sunday, our Relief Society president surprised us by telling us that we had an investigator in the hallway.  Having no idea who it was, we quickly went upstairs and found our train station friend!  Seriously, ask and invite and then pray for help to see the miracles that the Lord has in store.  I know that the Lord is generous in His help and promises.  I know that He keeps His promises too!  It is really, really awesome. 

I thank you all for your love, support, and prayers.  I really feel them daily and am in awe of the strength that the Lord imparts to missionaries because of the prayers of so many faithful people.  I know that this is His work, that He is involved in it and will help each of us as we seek Him.  I know that He is willing and eager to help us especially as we ask Him specifically for that which we think we need; He will answer in the way that is best for us. 

I love you all so much--more than my companions love cake baked in the rice cooker (last week's experiment)!  May you have a joyful week! 
Williams shimai


2 comments:

  1. Hi, what's the kind of watch you were wearing? I'm looking for one like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brit! Good question. It was a couple of years ago, but I think the watch was a Merona watch from Target. I hope you find one that you like!

      Delete

Another Witness

One of my favorite ideas to discuss with people is how God shows up unexpectedly in their lives. Whether its new thought while being still, ...