Monday, December 16, 2013

Greetings from the quickly growing cold land of Narita!

 I cannot tell you how grateful for the preparation that so many people helped me with--spiritual and temporal.  I have been wonderfully warm and have not tired of my clothes in the slightest thanks to the variety that I have.  Thank you, thank you! 

Also, thank you for the package that you sent Mom!!!!  I love the various wrapped gifts wtih little sayings on them and so look forward to opening them and reading the letters that you all wrote.  Seriously, I treasure them.  I feel so richly, unbundantly, mercifully remembered and blessed because I get to be family with such great people.  I hope that I can somehow contribute to you each having a wonderful Christmas. 

So, my new companion is the fearless and determined and REALLY patient Sister Minson from Salt Lake City.  She is so willing to work and be flexible as I try and learn how to lead.  I am grateful for her and also that Jones shimai and Nagamine shimai are still in Narita--I call on their knowledge, energy, and kindness daily.  Leading and instructing when I feel like I hardly know how to be an effective missionary myself is kind of crazy but I really love what President Budge teaches about facing weakness.  He instructs that we can either become humiliated or humble.  It is when we are humble that the Lord can do His work through us.  One thing that I've noticed a lot in my personal study lately is that its not really about skill or ability or talent but diligence, faith, humility.  I know that the Lord responds to our faith and blesses our efforts abundantly.  I hope that I can choose to be humble and be like Enos who prays and labors with all diligence and then is given what he desires from the Lord because of his faith.  So I choose faith!!!!!  (Enos1:12)  Faith and obedience are a wonderfully powerful combo--those who labor in the vineyard with the Lord as described in Jacob's allegory of the olive tree have decide to follow the Lord's will and thus are blessed (verse 72).  I also really love how He knows and plans where He plants and brings forth friut even in the poor spots of ground--and often times I feel like I am that poor spot of ground, but He can make miracles happen even there (see verses 21-23). 

Sorry, I made this kind of a lecture rather than an email.  Minson shimai and I are already seeing miracles as we talk with people.  Really, its when we do the work that the Lord can guide us.  Today when we were walking, we started talking with a lady who wasn't really interested, but then when she walked on, another lady came up to us and said that she had real interest in learning about Jesus Christ and learning about charity.  She came up to US.  Woah.  People are so preapared. 

I love you all.  So much.  I pray for you.  I hope the best for you.  I hope that you feel the power and strength and JOY that is avaliable to everyone through the atonement of Jesus Christ.  Really, His life and sacrfice are the reason that we rejoice at this time of year. 

I love you all one by one more than sushi loves seaweed paper (nori),

Williams shimai




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Witness

One of my favorite ideas to discuss with people is how God shows up unexpectedly in their lives. Whether its new thought while being still, ...