Sunday, October 13, 2013

Hello, hello dear ones!  I loved reading what each of you had to say and the questions you asked this week!  Thank you!  Time is a little short this week, but let me start this by answering some of your questions.
 
Nah-gah-me (like will you help me?) ne as in nest  is how you say my companions name.  For the first several days, I had the hardest time saying it.  My brain thought it sounded like nagusame which means comfort and there were a few times I called her that or some other variation of her name.  She has been a comfort and so patient with me as I learn and ask her TONS of questions.  She is 22, went to BYU-Hawaii before her mission, and will end in January or March.  Kind of crazy, right?  The transfer dates are a little off then I guess.  This is her
10th transfer.
 
We stayed in the mission home for 2 nights.  When we got off the plane, most everyone was exhausted and that kind of remained the case for the next 24-hours.  That Wednesday we had training and then Thurday afternoon we got our new companions. 
 
The language is coming and I think the hardest part for me right now is comprehension.  Often times people talk to me and I nod my head until I realize that they finished and are waiting for a response.  Its pretty great.  They are really patient though, willing to repeat themselves, or attempt some English.  One of the favorite language mistakes I`ve made so far is when I accidently said Josh was 60 instead of 6.  :)
 
Nagamine shimai disassmebled her bike to send from her old area to Narita.  And speaking of bikes, because both were pretty new, guess what?  We walked out of our apartment on Saturday to find them missing.  I think I sent a photo of us walking to the police station to turn in our bike registration slips with sad faces.  Expect I look a little vengeful, borderline murderous.  I`m not that upset about them I promise!  While having our bikes go missing has been upsetting, we did get to talk with a policewoman at the station who showed real interest in coming to our free English class and may become an investigator.  If thats the case, its all good.  
 
The people who were helping in our apartment were church members--the bishop, his 2nd counselor, and the Relief Society president and her 1st counselor.  They are so wonderful, each of them.  There is such strength, love, and unity in this ward!  We had a potluck lunch after church yesterday and it was so delightful.  I just love being around them!  60 is kind of small, but hopefully we can add to that through our efforts! 
 
Short one today, but one last thing before I close.  When Nagamine shimai and I recite our purpose, Doctrine and Covenants 4, the How to Begin Teaching bullet points in PMG and the First Vision in English and Japanese, I feel the Spirit testify of their truthfulness.  It is so beautiful!  PMG is truly an inspired book and I am grateful for it.  Keep learning, living, and loving truth! 
 
Always love,
Williams shimai
 
PS--I think the SD card I have is the reason that I am not sure what pictures I send.  Thanks for telling me what you see.  I hope you enjoy these ones!  Also, Sam, I will think of the grossest things I`ve seen so far.  It may be the raw squid at the grocery store that are just lying in a bin...that is really not pleasant.  I`ll keep thinking and maybe take a photo for you.  :)      

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay! I don't know if it's you or your family running this, but I would like very much to write you, but I'm having trouble finding an address to which I can send letters or e-mails. Am I allowed to send e-mails? Or would you prefer snail mail? I have lots of international stamps, so I can do either one. I hope to hear back from someone with an address soon!

    ReplyDelete

Another Witness

One of my favorite ideas to discuss with people is how God shows up unexpectedly in their lives. Whether its new thought while being still, ...