Saturday, July 8, 2017

Yesterday

This work astounded me.  The pianist, the conductor, the symphony, the composer, the piece, the feelings; A-STOUND-ING.  Such beauty for 48 minutes and 22 seconds.  Especially at marker 27:52, but all of it is glorious.

I love how music--particularly classical music--brings people together, uniting them across time, distance, varied histories and ideologies in a glorious shared experience.  Johannes Brahms, who wrote this piece, says that "without craftsmanship, inspiration is a mere reed shaken in the wind."  Well, Johannes, you had both.  My hat goes off to you and you have my deep thanks for what you created with both inspiration and craftsmanship.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Witness

One of my favorite ideas to discuss with people is how God shows up unexpectedly in their lives. Whether its new thought while being still, ...