Friday, July 14, 2017

Restorative



“The soul is healed by being with children.”
― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

I spent a few hours with two children last night, and I couldn't agree more with my friend Dostoyevsky.  I don't think I've laughed that hard or been that silly for a long time; kids without adults around tend to bring out the most rambunctious in me, a side seldom seen by anyone really.  Yet it just sort of comes out when I am with little ones, particularly the two to five aged ones.  Between chasings, mock sword fighting with pool noodles and ridiculous accents, bedtime stories, facial lotion application by a toddler, and holdings, we had quite the time.  There is something so freeing about being with children, these fairly uninhibited little people learning to express what they feel in a way that others can understand.  Being with them reminds me to be genuine, resilient, expressive, and to not be so uptight about it all.  I appreciate them more than I can say.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another Witness

One of my favorite ideas to discuss with people is how God shows up unexpectedly in their lives. Whether its new thought while being still, ...